Pages

Thursday 24 May 2012

Danger of Death, Hoxton: 17/20


Location: 202 Brick Lane, go into Full Stop Cafe and stairs are on the right hand side


Visit: Friday evening

To Notes: Open 6pm to 1am Wed to Sat and part of the Rushmore group so members only. Do try calling ahead though…

Scores
Ambiance 3/5
Design 5/5
Drinks 4/5
Staff 5/5
Extra LBC star: Not really…

First of all I should state that I went with a member and we called ahead but a little bit of charm may get you in if they are not busy. Which they were not.

So I love the interior, low ceilings, intimate little leather booths, large sixties charges that wrap you up round low tables – a mix of a little bit 30’s speak easy and a little bit 60’s mad men. The music was discreet but I remember thinking “cool” and the only down side is the rather strange toilet set up: one toilet but with urinals at the end. This means the whole place smells (the incense had gone out) and yet only one person can use it at a time, or two (male) friends!
 
The menu was well organised and chaptered into spirits for me it was too long – always quality over quantity. The bar man – Tamas – was more than happy to help us chose and made drinks proficiently and quickly with much cheek and charm. I wish I could tell you what I had, the second one was a red something…and the first one is defying my memory.

I would like like to return, but this is part of the Rushmore Group and people pay good money to be members so I will not hold my breath over an invitation…

No comments:

Post a Comment